Monday, February 7, 2011

BlueWolf Spam

Bluewolf does "Agile Business Transformation" -- whatever that means.

Don't do business with them.

They also spam people. For myself, their spamming has gotten tiresome enough that I decided to post about it.

My favorite spam was their first one. It was last October. The title was "Meeting Monday".


From: Richard Coates
Subject: Meeting-Monday

Hi Joel,

My Senior Director, Anna Wright, asked me to reach out to you as she is hoping to come introduce herself to you as she is new to your account and have not had the pleasure to meet you yet! Are you in your office on Monday the 25th? Around 2:30pm?

As I am sure that you know, Bluewolf is an IT consulting firm, focusing on staff augmentation, IT contract needs, remote DBA work, on-demand consulting and many other IT solutions.
We hope to build a relationship with Alpihand expand our already large footprint in the Bay area!

How about Monday the 25th at 2:30pm?

Look forward to hearing from you Joel .

Richard
Richard Coates I Inside Sales Account Manager - San Francisco I Bluewolf.com I 415.692.4139
Bluewolf Celebrates a Decade of Success

Thinking about migrating your infrastructure to the Cloud?
Ask me about Bluewolf Cloud Transformations Solutions[http://ssl.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer?oid=00D00000000hiRf&esid=01800000003owgM]


It's curiously forward because they're actually going so far as to suggest a time to meet.

I understand that it's hard to get your product out there. But spamming me isn't going to help you. It just shows you're not a very good netizen.

I did my normal "Please tell me how you were referred to me, and I'd be happy to talk to you more." and got this

You know, I'm not entirely sure where your information came from. Your contact information was already present in our CRM system. Maybe a friend referred you to us and that's how you got there, but I'm not entirely sure? Sorry I don't have more specific information.


Which is completely lame. So I told them I wasn't interested in talking to them based on a cold call without any references and to please not contact me again.

I thought we were done.

But then later that month I got this.


From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Quick Question

Hi Joel,

I hope all has been well.

To refresh your memory, Bluewolf specializes in hard to find IT resources in the Bay Area.

I wanted to let you know that we are offering a free 3 day trial period for any Bluewolf contract consultant hired in the month of November. We also will reduce our perm placement fee to 15% from 25%.

Do you currently have any needs that may require a consultant? Are you having a hard time finding the perfect full time employee?


Please let me know....I would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Tim


This is cute because he hopes everything is well. Everything would be better if BlueWolf didn't feel the need to spam people.

How do they specialize in the Bay Area when the company is clearly in NYC?

Then randomly I get a hit in January from yet another sales rep.


From: "Allen K. Cheon"
Subject: Need some extra help?

Hi Joel,

Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

Just wanted to check in to see if there were any new projects on your plate since we last spoke. Let me know if you need any additional hands.

I'm always happy to help find contract, contract to hire, or permanent candidates for you.

Hope all is well!

Best,

Allen

____________________________________________________________________
Allen K. Cheon I Account Manager I Bluewolf.com I 415 692 4392
Bluewolf Celebrates a Decade of Success


This guy also hopes things are well, but now this brand new person whom I've never ever spoken to is casual enough to talk to me about my weekend. How friendly!

They must have a lot of turnover in the cold call sales department. They can't even keep the same rep on my account for a few months. Maybe they should look to Bluewolf for some placement services. Hah.

But he's back in February. So he must be a good one.


From: "Allen K. Cheon"
Subject: Remote DBA Inquiry

Joel,

I hope this email finds you well.

To refresh your memory, Bluewolf is the largest and fastest growing provider of on-shore, Remote Database Administration services in North America.

The advantages are simple:

1. Saving clients 40%-60% on operating costs
2. 24x7x365 Proactive and reactive support for Oracle, SQL, MySQL 3. 100% On-Shore DBA's
4. Dedicated Primary DBA
5. Fixed Monthly Fee (regardless of hours worked)
6. Fortune 1000 Clients (NYSE, Heineken, Polo, Toys"R'Us)
7. Also offer remote SysAdmin

If you are interested in learning more, would you have a few minutes next Monday around 10AM? Or simply feel free to give me a call.

Best Regards,

Allen

____________________________________________________________________
Allen K. Cheon I Account Manager I Bluewolf.com I 415 692 4392
Bluewolf Celebrates a Decade of Success


And now they're playing the Monday am meeting game again.

So we've come full circle.

Should I arrange for a meeting and then no-show just to waste their time?

Nah. That would be stooping to their level.

2 comments:

  1. Haha I received the same email from Megan Chapdelaine. I'm glad that this article comes up in the search results when I search with "bluewolf spam". :-)

    ----
    Hi {name},

    Hope all is well over at {company name}..
    My senior account director, Tara Merithew, specifically asked me to reach out to you today to introduce herself and drop off our 2012 Tech Outlook.

    Bluewolf has worked with many other companies within your vertical including MarketTools and Facebook.

    Understanding you're very busy, she would like to save a spot on your calender for the end of the month, or possibly the beginning of February.

    How does Thursday, January 19th at 11:30am sound?

    Cheers,
    Megan Chapdelaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I received such a letter, although I did not order anything and did not leave my card numbers)))

    BLUEWOLF
    Dear Customer,
    This email is just to inform you that your anti hacking software has been installed in your computer, for which you have been charged with 399.99 USD from your bank account. We will make sure that no hackers can get into your computer any more. Thank you once again for being with us. An anti hacking soft ware is very essential for a computer because if anything wrong happens through your computer then you will be the person responsible for it, that’s the reason we have charged you 319.00USD so that you are safe and secure with us.
    Invoice
    Series No,: ARJ451D75
    For further assistance or query please contact to the information below:
    Thank you,
    Amanda Sincerer
    Need help? Call us
    Call +1 (97783)731333 – 4484773
    Call +1 (57084)781832 – 5424773

    ReplyDelete